As long as I've lived in Southern California I've wanted to visit Catalina Island. Step Brothers, Ghost Adventures, and The Last of Us 2 definitely had an influence on this interest... but being so close made it a necessity! While my parents were visiting me for the weekend I finally made the trip!
After a concert the night before where I may have had a few too many drinks... an 8 am ferry was my least favorite part of this adventure...
I''m glad to report I survived the boat ride! Although the long waits at the few restaurants proved to be the next challenge... the only picture I have from breakfast is of the lovely mirror in the restaurant's entryway
After breakfast we were rested, refueled, and finally able to explore the island!
I was in awe of the beautiful pieces of art that scattered the island, this tile was outside of bathrooms!
Many homes had the most amazing stain glass windows
Another bathroom with beautiful tile artwork
Another gorgeous tile nearby!
But it was truly a beautiful tour of the island!
Once we recovered from the wild ride... We rented a golf cart! This is the one activity everyone says is a must do when you visit
On our way back down we drove through the neighborhoods. I just loved all of the sea inspired design on the island.
The walk to the theater was gorgeous!
I love mermaids and the sea, and I was just in love with the art that decorated the theater.
I also loved this poster that was in the hallway
No comments:
Post a Comment